The basics of audio recording, after reading this article, you will understand!
Getting started with basics of audio is a big topic, but here are a few basic concepts and terms to help you understand basics and building blocks of a sound system.
1.Basic characteristics of sound: Sound is created by vibrating air molecules, which can be described by frequency (pitch), amplitude (strength of sound) and waveform (sound shape).
2. The main components of an audio system: sound sources, amplifiers, speakers and cables.
3. Audio Source: The audio source can be a CD player, MP3 player, TV or any other audio device that generates an electrical signal that sends audio signal to an amplifier.
4. Amplifier: The amplifier is responsible for taking electrical signal sent by sound source and amplifying it to a current sufficient to power speaker.
5. Speaker: A speaker converts electrical current into vibrating air molecules that produce sound. Speakers come in different types and sizes for different types of music and room sizes.
6. Connection line: The connection line connects audio source, amplifier and speaker to transmit audio signals. The quality of connecting cable affects sound quality.
7. Environment and premises. The environment and room size of sound system have a big impact on sound quality. The sound system should be selected and configured according to size, shape and sound-absorbing properties of room.
8. Other factors. Other sound system factors include audio equalizer, volume control, power, impedance, and signal-to-noise ratio.
We hope that these basic concepts will help you better understand audio system and help you choose and purchase right audio equipment.