This is correct way to learn piano: three points for learning, seven points for practice.
Many parents have such a misunderstanding before sending their child to learn to play piano: at right age, entrust child to a professional and responsible professional teacher, and everything will be fine, and everything will be fine.
After studying for a period of time, you will find that under same teacher, some children make rapid progress, but your own children stagnate.
At this time, they suddenly realize that "piano practice" is main thing in learning to play piano. Learning to play piano gives 3 points for learning and 7 points for practice!
A good old saying: "The master opens door, but practice depends on person."
If you expect to improve your progress with only one professional session per week, your progress will inevitably slow down. Let's look at data set: short 45 minute professional sessions per week, four sessions per month, and 52 sessions per year add up to only 39 hours! In other words, teacher guidance is limited, and much work needs to be done during post-class digestion and absorption by students and accompanying parent preparation.
So if you want to learn to play piano well, you must practice piano well. Then how to practice? Here are some suggestions for you.
1. After lesson, remember content of lesson as soon as possible, especially problems noted by teacher during lesson, such as incorrect playing or places that need attention, and practice piano after thinking about it.
2. When practicing, use your brain first and then your hands. It is better not to study piano mechanically, because not only is it easy to make mistakes, but there will be no progress.
3. There should be a plan to practice piano every week after school, repeat old songs, combine old songs, and rehearse new songs in a set order.
4. Weekly piano lesson schedule for reference:
Remember content of lesson and practice as soon as possible after lesson, as well as solve all problems that teacher talked about in lesson. Today's practice is main activity for this week. The old tunes are perfect.
The next day
Check if problems with old songs are properly resolved. If you still have problems, keep browsing until it's perfect. If there are no problems, you can reduce number of repetitions accordingly and practice this week's new songs accordingly.
Practice lesson materials, including old and new songs. Make sure old tune is perfect. When learning new songs, you can first slowly learn important points that teacher points out. Then repeat difficult part of new song several times until it is correct.
Try rehearsing whole song. It doesn't matter if speed is slow, as long as it is correct and full. If you have any difficulties or questions, please contact teacher in time. Focus on working on hard parts and work on whole piece.
Rehearse entire piece so you don't make mistakes from start to finish. It doesn't matter if it's slow, that's most important thing.
Increase speed of game, be correct, skillful and do not stop. Watch for fluency, intonation, and appropriate voice and expression.
Go through and check your homework this week, try to be your best so you can get back to class. If you are still having difficulty, make a note and ask teacher in class.
5. Practice playing piano at a specific time. The best time to do this is in morning before school, when you're rested and can practice piano with half effort. Do not practice piano before 12:00 to 15:00, because students who have a habit of napping or not will not be in a good mental state during this period, and classeson piano during this period of time will receive twice as much. result with half effort.
6. Practice playing piano in prescribed manner.
(Take 1+ hours of practice as an example, you can proportionally match your own time)
Practice basic skills from 0 to 10 minutes
10-40+ minutes of repertory practice
5 minute break
45-50+ minutes to fix bugs
50-60+ minutes to consolidate exercises
Content of each exercise:
1. Practicing Basic Skills - No matter what musical instrument you are learning, daily practice of basic skills is essential. Daily basic practice requires practicing scales, arpeggios, etc., as well as improving skills through Ganon's exercises. until fingers move.
2. Repertoire practice - studies by psychologists show that state of assimilation and memory in humans reaches its best level within half an hour. Therefore, organization of repertoire practice for 10-40 minutes can effectively help students memorize score and fingering.
3. Rest time - at this time you can move freely, drink water, go to toilet, get up and move. Basically, this is a relaxation of previous repertory practice with extreme concentration. After all, constant stress can sometimes have unpleasant consequences.
4. Mistake correction exercises - this exercise is very necessary. In process of returning to class at last lesson, teacher will definitely point out some of your shortcomings that need to be corrected with help of special error correction exercises. Let your skills improve. If you encounter difficulties in previous repertory practice, you should also catch it and practice it over and over again.
5. Consolidation exercises - error correction exercises also completed, it's time to consolidate and consolidate again in general, try as an effect, if it's not perfect, don't be discouraged, continue tomorrow, this is a process of continuous accumulation and gradual progress, if you feel that you have improved a lot, don't be proud, you can play now, if you don't keep practicing, you'll be back to square one within three days. .
It's best to set a fixed time for piano practice, form a habit, be able to restrain yourself and start when it's time to practice piano so you don't find "excuses" for not practicing piano due to trivial issues and emotional changes.
Purposeful and intelligent planning of time and content of piano lessons each day is very helpful in forming a habit. As saying goes, "you can't make a square without rules."