Have you prepared all this in piano drawer when you go home during Chinese New Year?
Speaking of a piano case, you might think that a piano case is for a piano, what could be secrets? Actually, what I want to talk about is problem of arranging things in a piano case.
In addition to violin, bow and shoulder pads, what else should I put in my violin case?
I'm summarizing this as a necessity and not essential. As for aforementioned necessities, they should be prepared in addition to qin and onions. Others are not essentials.
1. Items needed:
1. Spare strings: service life of strings, when used on average three hours a day, service life is not more than 3 months, strings are not replaced if they break. Using too many strings will affect pitch and tone. It is recommended to prepare a set of G, D and A in a piano case and add two E strings as spares. Don't buy too many spare strings, strings will oxidize if left for too long.
2. Rosin: This reminder seems funny, but many people really forget to relax incense, pay attention to integrity of lid and box, otherwise it will stick everywhere.
3. Pencils and erasers. Pencils and erasers are essential for individual or group practice or rehearsals, so make it a habit to put a set in your piano box. Try not to use colored pens, more you sketch, more difficult it will be to read score.
4. Small Square Towels: Small square cotton towels are best for wiping away sweat, especially for washing hands while playing musical instruments. The neck, fingerboard, chin rest, and bow handle are sweat-prone areas and can be wiped dry at any time with a small square towel. Increase efficiency of your practice and also take hygiene into account.
5. Children's gauze handkerchief: It is specially used for cleaning rosin. It is especially easy to clean rosin from strings and bows with gauze. From time to time it is easy and simple to wash with soap.
6. Wipe down piano with a cloth: The third piece of cloth is specifically used to wipe down all painted surfaces of piano body. You can use piano fabric or special cotton fabric, cashmere fabric. Each of three wipes has a purpose, so avoid mixing them so that rosin, sweat, and piano body don't stick to each other, and more you wipe, the dirtier it will get.
7. Nail scissors: Yes, put small nail scissors in piano box and check your nails anytime. Too long nails not only interfere with work of left hand and affect timbre, but also easily damage strings and neck.
8. Mute: As long as you're in an orchestra, this should be mandatory. Individual repertoires are also sometimes needed, so those who have learned to a certain level are needed.
9. Tuner: During practice, especially before each start, you should always pay attention to correct pitch of your instrument's open strings and prepare a tuning device that can "pitch out", eg: tuner, tuner. Flute or tuning fork (recommended A = 442 Hz). Don't tune with an analog tuner, that's tuning with your eyes, not your ears. Of course, for any fixed pitch instrument, such as piano, standard tone must come from that instrument. Most smartphones now have a tuner function that can be used more.
2. Optional elements:
1. Alcohol. Rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning strings and even removing rosin residue from fretboards. If you use three cleaning wipes mentioned above at any time, you don't need to wipe them down with alcohol every time. When cleaning with alcohol, be careful not to get paint on it. Therefore, it is even more important to confirm that containers containing alcohol must be “absolutely safe”. Therefore, it is not among essentials.
2. Speaker tool: if you know speaker setup method and principle, of course, you must prepare speaker hook yourself, and sometimes even help others by yourself. Of course, if you are not sure and have not learned it, you should never mess with it, because it is very easy to damage piano board.
3. Chin Key: If you pay attention to it, there is little chance of chin rest coming loose. However, chin rest wrench is very small in size, so it does not hurt to carry it with you.
4. Tuning pin wax: When changing strings, apply a bit of tuning pin wax if necessary, which not only reduces chance of sudden loosening, but also turns and tunes better. If you have already paid attention to it, it does not matter if you take it with you or not.
5. Electronic small hygrometer: due to too much error, almost all pointer hygrometers are ornaments. If you can find a small and accurate hygrometer, it will certainly help to assess humidity of environment. However, unless you can control temperature and humidity of site, otherwise, apart from reminders, nothing will work.
6. Humidifier (various humidifiers: eg Dampit, Stretto, etc.): This is a very important necessity in dry weather in continental climates. Excessive drying of musical instruments is more dangerous and harmful than dampness, do not forget to know weather conditions and prepare in time, so this is not necessary.